Review: NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil

3:47 PM


Over the past year, I got introduced to the French Skincare brand, Nuxe, which has already been around in Singapore for quite awhile now. I also got to try out their bestselling product, the Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil, whereby millions of bottles have been sold worldwide since its creation :O




The bottle was a love at first sight definitely, with its elegant packaging and the best part to me? The spray nozzle, which makes applying the dry oil a lot more fuss free and prevents over-application leading to all the greasiness that nobody likes.


Said to nourish, repair and soften the body, face and hair, now that's quite a big promise to make to their consumers so I decided to give it a try and see for myself if it really works!


As a hair oil, it does a pretty good job in taming down my frizzy hair and gives it a subtle, healthy shine without making my hair look greasy! My hair was kept tangle free the entire day I was out after applying the Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil and okay for this part, I am really impressed!!! There is also no sticky after feel after application of the dry oil on my hair so that's great! :)


Not to forget, the Dry Oil also smells great since it is made with 6 precious plant oils (Macadamia, Hazelnut, Borage, Sweet Almond, Camellia and St. John's Wort). On my hair, it smells like I came fresh out of the shower, and on my skin, it feels calming and of course not the forget, hydrating -- which is what it is supposed to do ;-)



I haven't tried using facial oils before so applying it as a face oil was a first for me here, and as a cautious first timer, I only used half a spray/pump and pat it gently into my skin for it to absorb :) I've heard from several beauty reviews that using face oils actually help with dry skin to keep it moisturized and well nourished? Honestly am not too sure if it is really that case but I really gotta say this does a pretty good job in giving my skin a well hydrated look with a soft glow, and definitely no greasiness nor break outs from my part! Plus point is also that the dry oil is silicon free and mineral oils free, which you guys should know by now how much I love my skincare products to be as "minimal" as possible! :)


When it comes to the body, I am VERY generous with the Dry Oil because I love applying dry oils on my super dry (and sensitive) skin! The oil absorbs really quickly and there was no stickiness at all which is great because I don't think any of us ever like to head out with an entire layer of stickiness and grease on us, right? LOL

Needless to say, using it as a body oil is definitely my preferred choice of usage for the Dry Oil, and definitely what I'd be using it mainly for hehe. I even went on to test out the dry oil on my eczema patch on my feet and here is the IMMEDIATE result:


(Warning: graphic image)





Yes, this is IMMEDIATELY after the dry oil was being applied onto my dry, flaky eczema patch. The flakiness immediately disappeared and all the itchiness stopped. The affected area was also moisturized and this actually makes applying my topical cream afterwards easier and more effective too! (Topical creams are drying so I usually like to apply a layer of moisturizer first before applying the cream)

So I have to say, I'm really satisfied with the Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil! It is really no wonder why the product is the Number 1 dry oil in drugstores in France :O


Another product that you might be interested in trying out is the Huile Prodigieuse OR, which is the shimmering version of the Dry Oil!



Look at all that shimmers.

Would think that this would be a recommended choice for a night's out, a wedding dinner or a nice date ^^


Hope you guys found this review helpful/useful! :)

Love,
Xin Lin

This post is in collaboration with Nuxe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments